Educate Support Empower
Eligibility for Membership:
Treasure Valley Doula's membership is offered to birth and postpartum doulas whom have completed training and are either currently certified, or actively pursuing certification or recertification. Actively seeking certification is defined as a doula working towards certification, to be completed within their certifying organization's specifications. All members agree to abide by TVD’s Ethics and Standards For Doulas (see below).
Current yearly dues for TVD membership are $60.
If you are wanting to check out our group please contact us to come to a meeting.
TVD Ethics and Standards:
Enacted April 12th, 2017
A Member of Treasure Valley Doulas will:
• Serve clients regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, any other protected status or the clients specific wishes for their birth or postpartum period.
• Recognize their primary responsibility is to the Client.
• Keep Client information confidential.
• Have a contract that describes fee, payment, backup, and refund policy.
• Treat fellow birth workers and medical professionals with courtesy and respect.
• Respect each doula’s business structure and will not regulate prices.
• Not engage in intentional unassisted childbirth.
• Adhere to their training organization’s scope of practice.
• Further to that, Doulas will not diagnose or treat medical conditions, and will not perform blood pressure checks, vaginal exams, fetal heart tone checks, or postpartum clinical care.
• Foster self-determination of the Client and facilitate communication between the Client and care provider while providing nonjudgmental support.
• Read and agree to TVD's bylaws.
For more information about membership contact the Membership Director, Sharina Jensen: firstname.lastname@example.org