Leah Heinz CD(DONA)
Leah is a DONA international certified birth and postpartum doula. She is enthusiastic about supporting women to achieve the birth experience they desire. She knows that these moments are precious and doesn’t take this opportunity lightly. She is motivated to help unsupported women with unplanned pregnancies, and will be flexible with her pricing for them. She is passionate about hypnobirthing, and lactation support and is looking forward to furthering her education in both areas.
Hello and welcome!
My name is Leah Heinz. It is a privilege to be considered as your doula. I believe the time of pregnancy and after is sacred and I feel honored to be included in those moments with you and your family. I have been with my my first love, Chris, for 17 years. We have three incredible sons and an adorable Bernese Mountain Dog who we are obsessed with. 14 years ago, when I delivered my first son as a teen mom, I knew that I was forever changed by the birthing process and wanted to devote my life to it. My goal as your doula is to help you feel confident, empowered and prepared to achieve your ideal labor and delivery. I want you to feel loved, and supported from the moment we meet.
Birth Certification: DONA International June 2021
Birth Doula Training: DONA International Oct 2020
Postpartum Doula Training: DONA International Sept 2021
Phone number: (208) 761-8095
Doula match profile: https://doulamatch.net/profile/27169/leah-heinz
Free consultation (in person or virtually)
Text/email/phone support from time of hire
On call from 38 weeks
Two prenatal appointments (1-2 hours each)
Continuous support during labor and delivery
One postpartum visit (1-2 hours)
(To be arranged 2-10 days after birth)
Additional prenatal visits - $35 per hour
Include but not limited to:
Additional postpartum visits
• Lactation services/infant feeding questions or concerns
• Help you debrief after the birth
• Assist with some light housework and tidying, food prep, grocery order pickup
• Care for baby while you shower or sleep
• Assist with anything you feel will help you settle in and feel better supported
• Baby care basics
Night time Support:
• Lactation services/ Baby feeding questions or concerns
• Baby care basics
• Establishing a night time routine
• Support allowing for quality sleep
• Recommendations as you adjust to a new sleep schedule
• Safe sleep practices, restful feeding positions
I believe everyone can benefit from having a birth doula. Let’s talk about how I can best serve you during this phase of life!